Terms and Conditions
Participation at Choral Fest Costa Rica 2024
1. The duration of the festival is from June 19 to June 22, 2024.
2. The choral workshops and concerts are established by the organizer CFCR along with the accommodations bookings and in-country travel as a package. These services are provided by local travel agency: Travel IN Paradise Group Tours.
3. Participation fee includes all benefits specified in the festival program.
4. Subject to participation fee are all participants: singers, accompanists, spouses, chaperones, additional conductors.
5. Each choir’s conductor (one) is free of charge of this participation fee.
6. Payments are accepted in US$Dollars. Banking costs derived from the transaction must be paid by the participant.
7. Payments are made to Travel IN Paradise Group Tours via bank transfer using the following information:
Paginas Activas Guayacán Internacional s.a.
Beneficiary account IBAN Number:
BAC SAN JOSE S.A.
Bank’s telephone #
Apartado 1289-1011, San Jose, Costa Rica
8. Selected choirs are responsible to make the participation fee payments upon registration and within the due dates given.
a. application form deadline: February 28th, 2024.
b. written confirmation of participation: March 15th, 2024.
c. 30% initial payment: March 15th, 2024.
d.70% balance is due by April 15th, 2024.
10. All travel costs to and from Costa Rica are responsibility of each participating choir.
11. All the participants are responsible to carry a valid Passport and assume all costs derived from visa and passport issuance.
12. Spanish and English are the sole languages that are reflected on official documents.
13. Please make sure that your choir is accompanied by at least Spanish or English speaking person who can assist you with translation during the event.
14. The organizer reserves the right to make changes and amendments to the existing information material and/or the announcement in the event of unforeseen technical, organizational or artistic circumstances. The organizer also reserves the right to make changes to the program content and schedule.
15. Confirmation of participation is binding for the choir, in regard to both participation in the festival and the travel services provided by Travel IN Paradise Group Tours, represented legally in Costa Rica as: Paginas Activas Guayacan Internacional s.a.
The organizer Choral Fest Costa Rica, is responsible for the artistic and musical design and the execution of the events. Its liability comprises of all organizational matters of the festival, the concerts, workshops and special events. Any other liability with regard to organizer’s liability is expressly excluded.
17.Audio and Audiovisual Recordings:
All rights regarding the audio and audiovisual recordings of the event (“Recordings”) as well as their exploitation and herewith being granted exclusively to CHORAL FEST COSTA RICA (CFCR) by the choir / artists. All rights granted to CFCR hereunder may be exploited by CFCR in perpetuity without any limitation as to time, territory and/or manner of exploitation free of any rights of third parties. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, this includes in particular the following exclusive rights in the Recordings which can also be transferred by CFCR to a third party at CFCR discretion. CFCR shall be exclusively entitled to reproduce the Recordings wholly or partly by way of producing vinyl discs, music cassettes, compact discs, DATs, Mini Discs, Digital Compact Cassettes or other sound carriers and by producing video cassettes, picture discs, compact disc videos, DVDs or other audio-visual carriers or other data carriers or by means of other technical devises and to sell or otherwise distribute these reproductions by retail, wholesale or other distribution channels such as clubs, mail order or TV-response. This also includes the right to exploit the Recordings in the context of online and especially internet applications of any kind and of any system, regardless of the way of transmission and business model, and to use, upload and distribute these Recordings in databases, networks (e.g. internet and all its services) or anything similar of any kind and especially to disseminate and transmit these Recordings to users of databases / networks via cable or other ways of transmission for the purpose of perception and/ or reproduction and/ or distribution against payment or free of charge. This also includes the right to publicly perform or broadcast the Recordings by private or public broadcast stations, including digital radio services, via cable, satellite or other technical transmission services either against payment or free of charge (including the right to collect in CFCR’s own name broadcast fees accruing in connection with the public performance or broadcast of the Recordings). CFCR’s rights also include the right to edit and/ or alter the Recordings (e.g. by producing mixes or remixes), to couple the Recordings with other recordings (e.g. with recordings of other artists) and the right to release and sell the Recordings on so-called “special product” audio or audio-visual carriers. Furthermore, CFCR shall be entitled to grant synchronization rights in the Recordings for movies, videos, TV and/or movie commercials, image films etc, to translate them into other languages, to use them for multimedia purposes of any kind or to rearrange them in any other way (e.g. to create remixes or do sampling). This also includes the exclusive right to use the Recordings in games / PC games as well as other and also interactive multimedia productions (including so called “websites”) for goods, services and advertising purposes of any kind. Finally, this includes the non-exclusive right to use the choir’s / artist’s name as well as images of the choir / artist in the context of the exploitation and the advertising and promotion measures mentioned above. CFCR does not pay any money to the artist for the exclusive grant of rights mentioned above. The choir/ artist accepts explicitly that the positive promotion effect resulting from an exploitation of the Recordings by CFCR represents an adequate return service for this transfer of rights. In case of a commercial release of the Recordings on CD, the parties will negotiate separately in good faith about an adequate royalty to be payable to choir/ artist according to standard business practice.
Changes/ cancellations/ refunds:
We realize the majority of changes or cancellations are due to unexpected events. However, advance programming and organization is required for this grand event. We don’t intend to be punitive in any way when a fee applies.
1. Any changes made to the list of participants will be accepted in writing. Fee applies if changes are made within 60 days prior to festival commencement.
2. If participation is cancelled, you must do so in writing via email. Cancellation refunds apply according to the following:
a. 75 to 60 days prior to arrival day, 70% refund of total cost.
b. 59 to 45 days prior to arrival day, 20% refund of total cost.
c. there will be no refund if notice of cancellation is 44 days or less prior to arrival day.
Privacy policies and treatment of individual data Asociacion Pro-paz Choral Fest
Please read carefully the following Privacy Policies and Treatment of Personal Data of the Association Pro-Paz Choral Fest, hereinafter determined as “Choral Fest Costa Rica“.
By becoming a partner of Choral Fest Costa Rica, by ending up being an associate, consumer/ customer of the services or products provided by Choral Fest Costa Rica, by supplying any type of services to Choral Fest Costa Rica, you accept all the terms and conditions developed listed below.
The Law for the Protection of the Person versus the Treatment of their Personal Data (Law No. 8968) of Costa Rica and its Regulations (Executive Decree No. 37554-JP) develop the rights of the holders of personal data with regard to the treatment of the same.
Choral Fest Costa Rica is in full compliance with all the guidelines pointed out above.
Database: Any file, file, record or other structured set of private individual information, which goes through processing, automated or manual, on the site or in the cloud, under the control or direction of an individual in charge, whatever the method. of its preparation, company or gain access to.
Communication: Any info exchanged or carried out in between 2 or more users through a telecommunications service.
Permission of the holder of the individual data: Any expression of will, express, totally free, unquestionable, informed and particular that is given in composing, for a particular function, through which the owner of the individual information or his agent, grant the treatment of your personal info.
Location data: Any data sent by a telecommunications network that indicates the geographical position of the terminal equipment of a user of a telecom service.
Traffic information: Any information related to the conduct of an interaction through a telecommunications network or for billing purposes.
Processing of individual data: Operations, set of operations or technical treatments of an automated or non-automated nature, brought out through the use of hardware, software, networks, services, applications, on-site or in the cloud, or any other information innovation, that permits the selection, collection, recording, conservation, processing, adjustment, extraction, transmission, obstructing, destruction and cancellation of individual data and info associated to communications made through telecoms networks, in addition to gain access to and/ or cessions of data resulting from communications, assessments, interconnections and transfers.
Data Conservation Object and its Treatment
1. Individual information
The Company gathers personal data:
1. From your staff members, through the curriculum vitae form and the data collection design template.
2. Of its members, through the association form.
3. From 3rd parties that attend Choral Fest Costa Rica activities, such as seminars, courses, and training among others
These information will just be available to Choral Fest Costa Rica, business of the same economic group and/ or duly authorized 3rd celebrations (technological intermediaries).
The individual information object of conservation on the part of Choral Fest Costa Rica, detailed in the previous point, will be utilized by Choral Fest Costa Rica for internal functions of the association, in the case of its partners, in addition to whatever relevant for the commercial line and organisation of Choral Fest Costa Rica.
Choral Fest Costa Rica will gather the individual data together with the notified consent of the owner thereof, for their particular databases, only for the purpose suggested in each application.
When registering for any Choral Fest Costa Rica service or beginning work for Choral Fest Costa Rica, the owner of the personal data might license or not license Choral Fest Costa Rica to send you additional info related to its services, consisting of other interactions. This additional info might include, without limitation, the following interactions: welcome messages, notices connected to the services got – such as modifications in policies – and info on brand-new services.
In case the user has authorized the sending of such information, you can withdraw your consent at any time by calling Choral Fest Costa Rica through the methods of contact
E- mail: email@example.com